2018/08/14 printed from http://dermboard.org All Rights Reserved
Terms & Conditions
Dear user and reader of www.DermBoard.org,
By accessing, browsing and using this web site you voluntarily agree to the following terms, conditions, and policies and acknowledge the disclaimer with the same effect as if you have signed a physical agreement. If you do not agree with these statements, then please immediately exit and do not use www.DermBoard.org.
These terms and conditions and disclaimer are intended to protect you, any other user and reader of this site, as well as me and my family from any harm and liability that can happen if this site is not used according to these terms, conditions and disclaimer. The primary and only purpose and intention of www.DermBoard.org site is to provide general information and medical education as a public service, free of charge.
This site DOES NOT provide medical advice or form a doctor/patient relationship between you and the author (me). A medical professional providing medical advice entails collection of specific information, so that medical knowledge can be applied to the unique case presented. Specific information includes the patient’s medical history, general condition, allergies, psychosocial condition, environment and a wide range of other factors all of which may have impact on the unique advice that a medical professional might provide. None of these inputs are available on this website.
As a former full-time medical school professor, I think it is valuable to disseminate general information to the general public, and I think that an informed patient increases the probability that their interaction will be optimized when they consult with a medical professional within their doctor/patient relationship. But this website DOES NOT substitute for an active relationship between patient and the medical professional.
In light of the above, it is important that I protect you and myself by making it as clear as possible that no doctor/patient relationship is created through this website, and no liability is incurred for any direct or indirect damages arising in connection with use of this site, especially if you decide to rely on the necessarily general information posted on this site. Even if you provide some specific facts about your condition, and I provide an answer, that answer is STILL GENERAL medical knowledge, because I have not assessed all the factors relevant to your problem, nor have I obtained a complete medical history and personal information. The contents of the website, such as text, graphics, images, and other material are for informational purposes only. The Content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website!
If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. The author of this website does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the website. Reliance on any information provided on this website by the author or anyone else who may post on this site is solely at your own risk. Hyperlinks to other websites do not constitute endorsement. I do not verify, endorse, or take responsibility for the accuracy, currency, completeness, or quality of the content contained in these websites.
Opting to participate with this site by following/”liking”/”friending”/subscribing or posting questions to the author on this site will result in your user identity being able to be viewed by other users and visitors to this public web site. Therefore, you agree that your participation and any information that you post will NOT be confidential.
The site may contain descriptions that are gory or explicit – either in terms of body parts or acts that can cause various conditions. If you find these materials offensive, you may not want to use this site. The site and the Content are provided on an “as is” basis and no warranties or assurances of quality or the applicability of such information to your specific condition are intended or extended.
Moreover, the author does not have control over the content or material posted by users and visitors of this web site. Therefore, if you post anything on this web site, then you are solely responsible for the content of your post. Since this site is freely accessed by the public you have to consider your comments and questions carefully, and do not include any information that you deem personal or private, or any comment or content that could offend others.
In addition, the author cannot be held responsible for any omissions, outdated information or misspellings on this web site.
I will try to answer your questions in timely manner, but please understand that I am a full-time practicing dermatologist and dermatopathologist with a sometimes hectic family life, and therefore there will be days that I will not be able to check on your questions or posts. Delays can also happen due to some unforeseen circumstances such as technical difficulties etc.
One last thing- medicine is ever changing field and therefore contents may be outdated. While I do not have any obligation to update the site and its content, I may periodically update the content without notice.
Now something we need to add due to federal regulations:
Digital Millennium Copyright Act Policy
Notice and Takedown Procedure
It is our policy to respond to clear notices of alleged copyright infringement pursuant to the United States Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). This page describes the information that must be present in these notices. The form of notice specified below is consistent with the form suggested by the DMCA (the text of which can be found at the U.S. Copyright Office Web Site, http://www.copyright.gov), but we may respond to notices of the form of notice specified below from other legal jurisdictions as well.
It is expected that all users of any part of the DermBoard.org (“DB”) site will comply with applicable copyright laws. However, if DB receives proper notice, DB will remove material that infringes the copyrights of third parties whether or not DB may be liable for such infringement under United States law or the laws of another jurisdiction.
Before we remove or disable access in response to such a notice, we will make a good-faith attempt to contact the owner or administrator of the affected site or content so that they may make a counter-notification pursuant to Sections 512(g)(2) and (3) of the DMCA. We may also document notices of alleged infringement on which we act.
Designated Agent The OT’s Designated Agent to receive notification of alleged infringement under the DMCA is:
Physical Mail: Erickson Kernell IP, 8900 State Line Road, Leawood, KS 66208
Upon receipt of proper notification of claimed infringement, DB will follow the procedures outlined herein and in the DMCA.
If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, or your intellectual property rights have been otherwise violated, please provide the DB’s Registered DCMA Agent (listed above) the following information in a written communication (preferably via email):
- Identification of each copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing reasonably sufficient to permit the DB to locate the material;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit the OT to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an email address at which the complaining party may be contacted;
- The following statement: “I have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law”;
- The following statement: “I swear, under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notification is accurate, and that I am the copyright owner or am authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed”;
- and A physical or electronic signature of the owner or a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed. Please note that you may be liable for damages (including costs and attorneys’ fees) if you materially misrepresent that material is infringing your copyrights. Accordingly, if you are not sure whether material available online infringes your copyright, we suggest that you first contact an attorney.
A provider of content subject to a claim of infringement may make a counter-notification pursuant to sections 512(g)(2) and (3) of the DMCA. To file a counter-notification with us, please provide the DB’s Registered DCMA Agent (listed above) the following information in a written communication (preferably via email):
- Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled;
- Your name, address, and telephone number;
- The following statement: “I consent to the jurisdiction of Federal District Court for the [insert the federal judicial district in which your address is located]”;
- The following statement: “I will accept service of process from [insert the name of the person who submitted the infringement notification] or his/her agent”;
- The following statement: “I swear, under penalty of perjury, that I have a good faith belief that the affected material was removed or disabled as a result of a mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled”;
- and Your signature, in physical or electronic form.
- Upon receipt of such counter-notification, the DB will promptly provide the person who filed the original infringement notification with a copy of the counter-notification, and inform that person that the DB will replace the removed material or cease disabling access to it in 10 business days. DB will replace the removed material and cease disabling access, unless our Designated DCMA Agent first receives notice from the original complainant that they are seeking a court order restraining the use of the allegedly infringing material.
In accordance with Section 512(i)(1)(a) of the DMCA, DB will, in appropriate circumstances, disable and/or terminate the accounts of users who are repeat infringers.
Accommodation of Standard Technical Measures
It is the OT’s policy to accommodate and not interfere with standard technical measures used by copyright owners to identify or protect copyrighted works that the OT determines are reasonable under the circumstances.
DB acknowledges that parts of this DCMA statement are adapted from Copyrighted Digital Media Law Project (DMLP), http://www.dmlp.org.